Saturday, October 16, 2010

Last of the Fall Colours

Looking out the back winlow, I can see Fall is on the way out.  It won't be long before winter will have us in its grip and the sewing machines will be humming.  To me there are but two seasons.  Gardening season and Quilting season.  Both of which keep me too busy to do the housework. This week, I will have finished up the last of the gardening, planting fall bulbs, cutting back the old growth of the plants and getting the yard ready to sleep.under the deep cover of snow.  The birds at the bird feeder also indicate they are ready to take flight on their southern journey and those that stay to entertain me for the winter outside my kitchen window will be looking for cover in the grapevines when the cold temps do come. 

By now you can tell I am in a country paradise, living the life of a spoiled retiree.  I have my stash of fabric, thread, working sewing machines and a head full of ideas that will hopefully convert to completed quilts during the white season. To add a bit of colour, there will be the occasional gardening magazine which I can browse in dreams of the summer gardens to come. In the reverse order, during green season, I have the occasional quilting magazine to flip through and dream of the cooler white season during the height of the heat waves of summer weather.  

This is the first day of my blogging. I wonder how much of a learning curve this will take.  I don't want to take too much time away from my sewing, you know.  Stay tuned to see what I am thinking of tomorrow.

1 comment: